14. februar 2014

I Am Fire

I remember when I was really confused.
It's not like that anymore, I just choose not to do anything.
I have evolved beyond that.
I have grown and I have learned.
And there is no more fear, but that doesn't mean that I have to face what I am no longer afraid of.
I am free to do with my fearlessness whatever I want.
I think I'll save it for now, 'cause I bet there'll be a day when I need it more than now.
I bet that in a while I'll feel like I did before, and I won't have the energy to change the course my life has taken.
So I'll save it for now.
Fearlessness for a darker day.
It is not when I'm asleep.
It's not when I'm at work.
It's not when I'm drunk.
It's when I wake up.
When my shift's ended.
When the party's over and I have to go home.
In those mornings I need fearlessness strong as a dragons fire to keep me warm.
The monsters inside me scream:
"Dragon, we don't need you," and I know they're lying.
But their screams are so loud.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar